We at CMI produce Formaldehyde Free insulation, and nothing else! Let us tell you why…
Formaldehyde is what insulation manufacturers have used for decades to bond microscopic glass fibers together to make blanket insulation which is yellow or pink in color.
- There is now sufficient evidence that formaldehyde causes cancer in humans. Johns Manville insulation is the only formaldehyde free, naturally white insulation on the market.
- Our insulation will not give off formaldehyde gases inside your building or home. No formaldehyde means fewer things to worry about!
Formaldehyde Free insulation is better to work with.
- When formaldehyde is used, these microscopic small strands of fiberglass become very rigid and brittle. As the fibers are moved or bent they easily shatter, sending microscopic glass fibers into the air which cause respiratory and skin irritation.
- Without formaldehyde, glass fibers are more flexible and less brittle. This means, no more annoying dust and itch!
Formaldehyde Free also means Odor Free!
- Insulation with formaldehyde manufactured by Owens Corning, Knauf, and Certainteed has a very strong and unpleasant odor. Not only can you feel the difference, but you can smell the difference!
Worry Free! Dust Free! Itch Free! Odor Free!
Faced Fiberglass Blankets
CMI is one of America’s large suppliers of flexible fiberglass blanket insulation, with custom lamination to a variety of vapor barrier facing materials. Each roll is individually color coded to identify its intended location in the building roof or walls.
|Product Designation||Approximate Thickness||Blanket Installation|
|R-5.2||1.5″||Custom Laminated to length|
|R-7||2.0″||Custom Laminated to length|
|R-10||3.0″||Custom Laminated to length|
|R-11||3.5″||Custom Laminated to length|
|R-13||4.0″||Custom Laminated to length|
|R-16||5.0″||Custom Laminated to length|
|R-19||6.0″||Custom Laminated to length|
Unfaced Fiberglass Blankets
Unfaced fiberglass blankets are designed for use as additional insulation for faced blankets, fiberglass or foam boards, or retro-fit applications. Filler blankets are available in standard widths between 36 and 72 inches.
|Product Designation||Approximate Thickness||Standard Roll Length|