Geofoam is expanded polystyrene (EPS) manufactured into large lightweight blocks. The blocks can be custom sized to projects as needed. The primary function of geofoam is to provide a lightweight void fill below projects of all kinds, including highways, bridge approaches, embankments, parking lots, and theater seating. EPS Geofoam minimizes settlement on underground utilities. Geofoam is also used in much broader applications, including lightweight fill, green roof fill, compressible inclusions, thermal insulation, and drainage applications.
- Predictable material behavior due to dimensionally stable properties
- Lightweight fill weighing approximately 1/100th the weight of soil
- Speed & ease of use provides time and labor savings
- Value engineering available to provide custom sizes and layouts
- Integrated termite protection available for additional protection
- Limited 10-year warranty
Common Uses for GeoFoam. See more pictures at geofoam.com
- Bridge Abutments
- Retaining Structures
- Soil Stabilization
- Built-up Slabs
- Stadium Seating
- Berms and Land Forming
- Plaza Decks
17,640 cubic feet of EPS 29 Geofoam was installed to construct an ADA compliant access ramp leading to the entrance of the school.
Geofoam replaced 105 lbs. per cubic foot of gravel. In total Geofoam reduced 1.8 million lbs. of weight minimizing lateral pressure on 16’ tall concrete walls.
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Hogan & Associates Construction Inc.
Kenny Seng Construction Inc.